Very nice ground-dug half zinc Erkennungsmarke from a member of the 12./Gebirgsjäger-Ersatz-Regiment 138.
It was formed in February 1940 in Graz, later stationed in Marburg an der Drau, and renamed to Gebirgsjäger-Ersatz-und-Ausbildungs-Regiment 138 in April 1943.
It was found near Laagna, west of Narva in Estonia, so he must have been transferred to a Wehrmacht unit in that area, although we don't know which one. It comes from a famous battlefield, not far from where SS-Frw.Pz.Gren.Rgt. 48 "General Seyffardt" was destroyed.
The condition is very good.